Mount Warning Day Walk
- Climb Mount Warning, the centre of the biggest open shield volcano in the southern hemisphere.
- Explore subtropical World Heritage listed rainforests.
- Enjoy sweeping views over the Byron hinterland, from the Byron Lighthouse to the skyline of Surfer's Paradise.
- Finish your tour with a delicious, locally sourced BBQ.
After taking a splash in a rock pool, enjoy a delicious, locally sourced BBQ in the peaceful and uncrowded forest setting right at the foot of Mount Warning National Park.
Weave your way through beautiful landscape as you return home.
- 8 hour tour led by an experienced guide (the actual climb is self-guided)
- BBQ (vegetarian option on request)
- Complimentary water bottle and snack for the walk
- Fully air-conditioned tour vehicles
- Return Byron Bay transfers
- The actual climb is self-guided
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- People with heart problems
Prepare for the activity
You will be picked up at 9.00 am sharp (NSW! not QLD time) from the Byron Bay Visitor Information Center at 80 Jonson Street, Byron Bay, NSW 2481 (it’s a yellow cottage style building just behind the main bus stop). Please wait in front of the entrance of Byron Bay Visitor Centre on the veranda. PLEASE DON’T WAIT AT THE MAIN BUS STOP SINCE IT CAN BE VERY BUSY THERE AND HARD FOR US TO FIND EACH OTHER.Open in Google Maps ⟶