Buenos Aires: Belle Epoque Architecture Guided Tour
- Discover the architecture and history behind Buenos Aires' Belle Epoque period
- Visit iconic sites such as Avenida de Mayo, National Congress, and Palacio Barolo
- Explore the elegant districts of Buenos Aires; Recoleta and Retiro, Avenida Alvear, Plaza Pellegrini and Plaza San Martín
Begin your tour at the Avenida de Mayo, in front of the National Congress. Learn more about the internal affairs of Argentina before 1930 and the position of this rich country within a broader context of the international political scene at the beginning of the 20th century. Then move on to a stunning example of private prosperity, the impressive Palacio Barolo, which was the highest building in Latin America at the time it was constructed.
Finally, visit the most elegant districts in Buenos Aires; the Recoleta and Retiro. As you stroll along the Avenida Alvear, through Plaza Pellegrini and Plaza San Martín, admire the private palaces of the Argentine society which represent the greatest affinity to the once sought-after 'Parisian style'.
- Local expert guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Children under 12 years
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide in front of Cine Gaumont, a movie theater located in Plaza Congreso square. Its exact address is Avenida Rivadavia no. 1635, when facing the Congreso building it is on the right side of the square between Rodríguez Pena and Montevideo.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Unaccompanied minors
• Families traveling with children under the age of 12 are required to book the private option of this tour as children cannot be accommodated on group tours