Matyóland and Zsóry Spa Full-Day Tour from Budapest
Pickup includedPick-up from your hotel or other location of choice in Budapest.
- Explore the folk traditions of historic Mezőkövesd
- Learn about the Matyó people
- Go to the Matyó Museum to admire traditional costumes
- Visit the farmhouses of the Hadas district
- Experience the healing waters of Zsóry
Matthias raised the status of Mezőkövesd during his reign, and today the town is awash with women wearing blouses, fabrics and aprons colorfully embroidered with flowers based on old patterns.
Visit the Matyó Museum to admire some of these traditional costumes through the ages, along with artifacts of furniture and crafts. Discover the original Matyó homes of the Hadas district, where the streets retain a 19th-century atmosphere. In the old cottages, local folk artists offer a view of what it is like to be a Matyó.
One of the highlights is the Zsóry Health and Open Air Bath, where the sulphuric waters are a healing 72 degrees, helping those suffering from arthritis and rheumatic diseases, and claimed to help alleviate gynaecological problems.
Every year Mezőkövesd organizes a range of cultural programs, such as the food benedictions of the 3-day Matyó Easter Festival. Zsóry Festival in July boasts dozens of concerts, while at the end of August, Zsóry Riding Days features spectacular hurdle jumps as the main event.
- Entrance fees to the Matyó Museum, farmhouses, and Zsóry Bath
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
• Mininbus transportation can accommodate up to 6 people
• Please ask for tailor-made tours