Budapest: Lake Balaton and Herend Full-Day Private Tour
Pickup includedPick-up from your hotel in Budapest
- Discover the scenic beauty of Lake Balaton
- Visit the historic Herend Porcelain Manufactory, founded during the Habsburg era
- See rhe 950-year-old abbey of Tihany
- Walk the promenade at the spa resort of Balatonfüred
- Enjoy enchanting views of Central Europe's largest freshwater lake
Following a pick-up from your hotel in Budapest, drive to the small town of Herend on the northern shore of Lake Balaton. Best known for its porcelain manufacturing, the town dates back to Roman times, but reached notoriety during the Habsburg Empire, when the Herend Porcelain Manufactory was founded.
Visit the factory to learn more about porcelain technology during a guided tour through is various rooms. Then, pick up a few pieces to take home as gifts and souvenirs in the factory store.
Next, take a scenic drive of the Tihany Peninsula, stretching deeply into the waters of Lake Balaton. Enjoy enchanting panoramas in all directions, and stop at the 950-year-old Tihany Abbey in the small village of Tihany. Stop to take a walk along the famous promenade at Balatonfüred, the oldest spa resort of Lake Balaton, before your return transfer to Budapest.
- Transportation by bus
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks