Budapest: Fine Wines & Ruin Bars with a Local Guide
- Discover hidden gems in the Soho of Budapest
- Experience happy hour in 5 of the coolest local watering holes
- Get a taste of Hungarian wine in all its forms: red, white, and spritzer!
- Get the local gossip over traditional snacks and learn the history of the Jewish ghetto with drink in hand
Beginning with classic spritzers, moving on to easy-going whites, and following those up with dark, full-bodied reds. And of course, Budapest happy hour wouldn’t be complete without a traditional Hungarian drink to top it all off!
First, you’ll head over to the Great Synagogue to learn the rich history of this neighborhood often known as the Soho of Budapest. In line with its late 19th century elegance and the 21st century lifestyle, Your Budapest walking tour continues to a local wine-lovers hangout with a cool cellar ambiance.
Over a glass of white wine, you’ll explore the importance of wine to local Hungarian culture. The stroll continues into the streets of the 7th district where you’ll stop into a funky little pub and then onwards to another bar, each of them giving you a completely different happy hour atmosphere. As we move along, you’ll learn about old and new Budapest, and see how quickly the city scenes change with just a few minutes of walking.
The final stop will be at a place you couldn’t find on your own – and even if you did, you might hesitate before entering. But fear not! You will not miss out on this quirky, hidden happy hour gem! After the tour, you may want to stick around the neighbourhood for another drink and a late night bite. Be sure to ask your local guide what other watering holes make them happy!
- Local English-speaking guide
- 5 glasses of Hungarian wine and drinks (3 glasses of wine, 1 choice of rosé wine or local beer, 1 shot)
- Selection of small snacks
- Additional food and drink, tips and gratuities for your guide.
Prepare for the activity
• Please wear comfortable walking shoes