Budapest: Hungarian Puszta and Kecskemét Full-Day Tour
Pickup includedPick-up from your accommodation in Budapest available on request
- Discover the natural beauty of the Kiskunság National Park
- Feast on Hungarian treats, such as goulash cooked in a cauldron
- Watch an equestrian show of the skilled Hungarian csikós boys
- Taste Hungary's famous pálinka (brandy) and wine
- See the famous Art Nouveau buildings of Kecskemét
- Visit a typical Hungarian farmhouse
- Discover the water habitats of the Puszta grassland biodome
Depart the city center for the Kiskunság National Park, located in the Danube–Tisza Interfluve. Marvel at the landscape of saline plains and sandy lowlands, salt lakes and the backwaters of the Tisza River. See remote farms, and learn about the traditions of animal husbandry and agriculture. Look out for the rich and rare flora and fauna.
Along the way, you will visit a farmhouse and watch an equestrian show. There’s also the chance to take part in a horse-cart ride. Savor the typical gastronomy of Hungary, such as authentic pálinka (fruit brandy), goulash made in a cauldron, and stew prepared on an open fire.
Continue to Kecskemét, famous for its apricot brandy, colorful Art Nouveau buildings and Kodály method of musical education. Take a walking tour of the city center to see the highly decorated buildings, tile-roofed Town Hall, and 600 year-old Franciscan church of St. Nicholas.
Go to the József Katona Theater, named after one of Hungary’s most famous poets and playwrights, and see the rococo Old Church, the tallest building on the Great Plain. Marvel at the ceramic tiles on the façade of the Cifra Palota (Ornamented Palace), and appreciate an outstanding example of Hungarian Art Nouveau architecture.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fees
- Puszta program (to be paid locally on the day at approximately USD 60 per person)