Budapest: Walking Tour with Food Tastings
- Walk along Budapest's secret streets and visit hidden bars and eateries
- Taste award-winning, hand-made chocolate bonbons in the city’s best chocolate factory
- Experience Budapest through its many flavors
- Learn about the Jewish heritage during a tasting of traditional dishes in a kosher restaurant
- Get a history lesson while enjoying the highlights of Hungarian gastronomy
Continue through hidden streets to find the best place to try some tasty meat product alongside the locals. Indulge your sweet side with a delectable chocolate bonbon from an award-winning chocolate factory, tucked away in central Pest.
Next, it’s off to a retro café for a spritzer and lesson about Hungarian drinks. Continue through the Jewish District to discover the largest and most beautiful synagogue in Europe. Nibble on some Jewish fare and learn about kosher food and traditions.
From there, cross the World Heritage-listed Andrássy Avenue and make your way to Hungarian food heaven at one of the best little restaurants to try one or two local dishes. What you eat will depend on the seasons, but expect such delights as stew or chicken with paprika. Your Budapest food tour ends here, happily full of some of the best Budapest food in town.
- Local English-speaking guide
- 1 glass of spritzer or soft drink
- Food tastings at six different locations
Prepare for the activity
• Please wear comfortable walking shoes
• Children must be at least 6 years of age and child rates are from 6-11 years inclusive. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour
• Tours are in small groups of a maximum 12 participants