Bucharest: Communist Tour including Ceausescu Residence
- Visit the Palace of the Parliament and discover the story behind it
- Enjoy hassle-free transportation by car or minibus
- Visit buildings from the communist period such as metro stations
- Discover how people lived their life by visiting a neighbourhood built for the working class
- Visit the Spring Palace, the residential Palace of the Ceausescu family
Afterwards, head towards a neighbourhood built by the Romanian dictator especially for the working class in order to discover how the people of Romania lived their daily lives, followed by a visit to the Palace of the Parliament. The building was completed in 1997 and was part of a larger project of Ceausescu to rebuild the capital city entitled ‘Project Bucharest’.
The final destination of the tour is the residential Ceausescu Palace, better known as the Spring Palace (Palatul Primaverii). This is where the famous Ceausescu couple lived their lives.
- Transport with a modern, well-equipped car, minibus or coach
- English-speaking guide with Spanish, French and German guides on request
- Entrance fees (The Palace of the Parliament excluding photography fee; Ceausescu House)
- Personal expense
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
• Duration: 7 hours
• The Spring Palace can be visited between Wednesday and Sunday from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
• For shared trips, please be aware that there may be a delay of up to 30 minutes
• Groups larger than 10 people will receive special discounts
• From January 1 to June 30, 2019, the Palace of the Parliament will host the works of the Romanian Presidency at the Council of the European Union, and we cannot guarantee the possibility of visiting it. In case you cannot visit it during the tour, it will be replaced with another attraction or you will get a refund if you prefer.