Explore Transylvania: 3-Day Tour from Bucharest
- Enjoy a multi-day, all-inclusive tour of Transylvania’s top attractions
- Sample tasty regional dishes, including a home-cooked meal in a quaint Transylvanian village
- Travel comfortably in a private sedan or minivan, with door-to-door pick-up each day
- Relax with four-star accommodation, plus your own hands-on guide throughout the trip
On the first day of your 3-day adventure, you will be picked up from your accommodation in Bucharest and head toward beautiful Transylvania. Your first stop will be at the Curtea de Arges Monastery, one of the most important faith centers of Romania. You will get to spend enough time here to find out a little about its fascinating history. Then, head for the Olt River Valley Road, as you pass you will see Cozia Monastery as you drive towards Sibiu. Once you reach Sibiu in the afternoon you will be accommodated and set out for a walking tour in one of the most beautiful Transylvanian cities.
At night you will travel to the quaint village of Sibiel. Sibiel is a very well preserved Transylvanian village next to Sibiu and whilst you are here, you will get to experience a traditional homemade dinner offered by the locals. You will spend overnight in a 4-star hotel in Sibiu.
Day 2: Sibiu – Biertan – Sighisoara- Brasov
After enjoying a delicious breakfast you will head for Biertan Fortified Church, a UNESCO Heritage site. This church is considered to be one of the most important fortified churches in Transylvania. Next, head to the medieval citadel of Sighisoara, one of the very few permanently inhabited citadels in Europe. This is also the birthplace of the legendary Vlad Dracula, whose house you will see. After which, climb to the top of the 500-year-old clock tower for a fantastic view over the town.
Reach Brasov in the afternoon where you will be accommodated and set out for a walking tour in one of the most beautiful Transylvanian cities. You will spend overnight in a 4-star, centrally located hotel in Brasov.
Day 3: Brasov – Bran castle – Peles Castle - Bucharest
After a tasty breakfast, set out in the morning toward Bran Castle, aka Dracula’s castle. This imposing construction watches over a valley from a strategic position, it was originally built as a fortress at the former border between Wallachia and Transylvania. Together in your group, you shall discover the connection between the legendary ruler, Vlad the Impaler, and the infamous vampire.
From Bran castle you will head tp your last stop at Peles Castle, a site built by the royal family of Romania during the 19th-century, this palace offers an insight into 19th-century German Renaissance style decorations. After witnessing this beautiful place you will head back to Bucharest where your tour will come to an end.
- 2-nights accommodation
- 1 homemade dinner in a Transylvanian house
- Fuel surcharge
- Overnight accommodation in 4-star hotels or guesthouses
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Private tour
- Local taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel/hostel/accommodation pick-up and drop-off
- Transport by sedan/minivan vehicle
- Entrance fees (20 euros per person)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
When you get there
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
• Not wheelchair accessible, due to uneven surfaces
• There is a 30 Euro single supplement to be paid directly to the guide at the departure if you require a single room
• This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate