Harvard University and MIT Combo Walking Tours
- Learn the history of Harvard University at Harvard Yard
- Get an insider's perspective on the culture from a current student
- Tour the expansive MIT campus
- Explore the history and culture of MIT
Get a unique insight into life at an Ivy League college on a student-led walking tour of Harvard. Founded in 1636, it is the oldest university in the USA and boasts 44 Nobel prize winners amongst its current and former faculty members. Be entertained by stories from history and the personal experience of your guide. Learn about the most famous alumni and visit the student-run souvenir shop after stopping at Winthrop Park and Mount Auburn Street on historical Harvard Square.
Tours are every 30 minutes, 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM, from June to August; and every hour, 10:30 AM to 3:30 PM, from September to May.
Meet a student guide on Kendall Square to learn the history of another of America's top institutions of higher education. Look at different campus buildings of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where some of the world's most talented innovators in the fields of math, science, and technology have studied. Get the inside scoop on the vibrant history and unlock secrets at iconic sites.
Tours are at 11:30 AM, 12:30 PM, and 1:30 PM from June to August; and 12:30 PM from September to May.
- Local guides
- Walking tours
Prepare for the activity
For the Harvard University tour, the meeting point is 1376 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge, MA 02138. For the MIT tour, the meeting point is 300 Main Street, Cambridge, MA 02139 (next to the large orange statue of the letters "KSQ"). You may choose which tour to go to first (check provided calendar).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
• You are responsible for your own transportation between the 2 tours
• This ticket is for 2 separate tours. Each tour has its own starting time. You do not book a specific time slot in advance
• Tour schedules are posted on www.harvardtour.com and www.mitcampustour.com