Harvard University and MIT Combo Walking Tours
- Learn the history of Harvard University at Harvard Yard
- Get an insider's perspective on the culture from a current student
- Tour the expansive MIT campus
- Explore the history and culture of MIT
Get a unique insight into life at an Ivy League college on a student-led walking tour of Harvard. Founded in 1636, it is the oldest university in the USA and boasts 44 Nobel prize winners amongst its current and former faculty members. Be entertained by stories from history and the personal experience of your guide. Learn about the most famous alumni and visit the student-run souvenir shop after stopping at Winthrop Park and Mount Auburn Street on historical Harvard Square.
Meet a student guide on Kendall Square to learn the history of another of America's top institutions of higher education. Look at different campus buildings of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where some of the world's most talented innovators in the fields of math, science, and technology have studied. Get the inside scoop on the vibrant history and unlock secrets at iconic sites.
Please note this ticket is for two separate tours. You can see the most up to date tour times through the local partner's calendar.
- Local guides
- Walking tours
- Map of Harvard, MIT, and the Boston Subway station
Prepare for the activity
The two tours are separate tours with different meeting points. MIT TOUR: The tour of MIT leaves outside Kendall Square, between the Chipotle restaurant and a sculpture of the letters “KSQ”. The street address is 300 Main St, Cambridge, MA 02142. Your guide will be wearing a straw hat. HARVARD TOUR: The tour of Harvard leaves outside in Harvard Square, outside of the Harvard Subway Station. The street address is 1376 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02142. Your guide will be wearing a straw hat.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
• You are responsible for checking the tour times in advance of your travel date and coordinating your schedule. Transportation is not included.
• The ticket is valid for any one of the public tours of Harvard and public tours of MIT – no reservation is needed.
• Written translations of the Harvard tour in Spanish, Italian, German, French, and Chinese available on request when you arrive for the tour.