From Bordeaux: St. Emilion Village Half-Day Wine Tour
- Visit and enjoy wine tasting in a Classified Growth Chateau of St Emilion
- Enjoy a guided walking tour of St Emilion
- Learn about the history of wine making in the region
You will be traveling in small groups and on arrival will take a tour of the village, made up of fascinating Romanesque churches and ruins that stretch along the steep and narrow streets.
It was the Romans that introduced wine making to the village as far back as the 2nd century. Reminders of the Roman techniques of wine planting can be seen in some of the estates, such as Chateau Bellevue, owned by the world famous Angelus winery.
The village was named after the monk Émilian, a traveling confessor, who settled in a hermitage carved into the rock in the 8th-Century. Follow your guide for a walking tour of the village to discover all the main attractions.
Then, enjoy a visit and wine tasting session in a Classified Growth Chateau of the Saint Emilion wine region. During the visit, you will learn all there is to know about the estate as well as the techniques used to produce this world-famous wine. From here return to Bordeaux.
- Visit and wine tasting in a classified growth chateau of Saint Emilion
- Guided walking tour of Saint Emilion
- Driver/wine guide
- Transportation in modern, comfortable, fully-equipped Mercedes Minivan
- Free WiFi access on board
- Entrance fees to monuments, museums, attractions other than those specified in the program
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
• All wineries have been carefully selected and are all classified growth Chateaus, with a guarantee of quality
• Adult only tour, not suitable for children under 18 years of age
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Must be 18 years of age to drink alcohol
• On high-frequency dates minivan can be replaced by 19 seat minibus
• This activity operates rain or shine
• Tour requires a minimum of 2 passengers (adults) to run