From Bologna: Half-Day Parmigiano Reggiano & Tasting
- Discover the cheese factories of Parma on this guided tour
- See (and smell) the fresh Parmesan and the maturing rooms
- Taste the different aging stages of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Therefore, the most recent history of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese is essentially the history of how 350 small dairy artisans of the Parma region obtained, by way of law, the recognition of their key role in preserving the processing methods and the high quality level of the product.
Through this tour, you will have the chance to visit exclusive cheese factories that produce the famous Parmigiano Reggiano cheeses. You will dive into the maturing rooms of Parmesan, seeing the different aging stages and hundreds of precious cheese rounds. An expert guide will lead you through the history of this cheese and explain how it's made, from the milk stage to the actual aged round. Towards the end of the tour comes the most delicious part- the tasting of differently aged versions of the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- Round trip from Bologna
- Tasting of different samples of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Guided tour through the cheese factory
Prepare for the activity
Bologna train station. Walk out of the station and take the first large street on the right. Walk straight for a few meters and your driver will be waiting for you in the taxi parking area on the right side of the streetOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• The exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
You might also like...
Product ID: 72141