From Bologna: 3-Hour Private Ravenna Guided Tour
- Enjoy a full immersion guided tour of Ravenna and its main monuments and historical buildings
- Visit the early Christian and Byzantine mosaics in sites like the Basilica of San Vitale and the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia
- Walk along the streets of the old town and see the picturesque Piazza del Popolo and the so-called "Dante area," dedicated to the famous poet
Although an inland city, Ravenna is connected to the Adriatic Sea by the Candiano canal. It is known for its well-preserved late Roman and Byzantine architecture, and has eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Your visit to the early Christian and Byzantine mosaics includes: the Basilica of San Vitale, the Mausoleum of Galla Placidia, the Battistero Neoniano, the Arcivescovile Museum and the Basilica of Sant’Apollinare Nuovo. The monuments are all within easy walking distance.
During the walk along the streets of the old town, you will also get the chance to visit the picturesque Piazza del Popolo and the so-called "Dante area," the area of silence. In fact, the exiled Florentine Dante died in Ravenna on September 13th 1321. Prepare to take amazing pictures of the palaces, squares, typical streets of the old town and the picturesque and colored churches.
- Private tour led by an expert guide
- Round trip from Bologna via private transfer
- Entrance tickets to: Chiesa di S.Vitale, Mausoleo di Galla Placidia, Battistero Neoniano, Museo Arcivescovile and Basilica Sant’Apollinare Nuovo
- Food & drinks
Prepare for the activity
• Please note that this tour does not include entrance to the sites that are not specified in the product description
• The tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain, the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund