From Prague: Saxony and Bohemian Switzerland Walking Tour
Pickup includedPickup from any address in Prague.
- Discover the wonders of Saxony and Bohemian Switzerland in just 1-day
- Admire the largest sandstone arch in Europe, used as a filming location for Narnia
- Explore Bastei rock formation, see old castle ruins, and marvel at sprawling canyon views
- Enjoy a tasty Czech lunch served in an old stone house built in 1905
The day begins with pickup from your accommodation in Prague and heads to Bohemian Switzerland National Park. Upon arrival visit the most popular natural attraction in the park, Pravcicka Gate, which is Europe’s largest sandstone arch, hidden deep in the mysterious woodland. Take some time to admire the beauty of the arch, which stands at an impressive 21 meters tall and was used as a filming location for the movie Narnia.
Once you’ve worked up a bit of an appetite it’s time for lunch, served in a historical stone house. The restaurant, which was originally built in 1905 by German workers to supply coal gas to local homes, now boasts a newly renovated interior with a trendy steam punk inspired style. Enjoy a delicious traditional Czech meal and learn a little about local cuisine while you eat.
The last stop of the day is the Bastei rock formation, which sits in the German Saxony side of the park. The Bastei offers an array of breathtaking view points over the Elbe Canyon on the banks of the River Elbe. From here, walk across the fascinating sandstone bridge that connects Bastei and explore the ruins of an old Neurathen rock castle. At the end of an unforgettable day of adventures, sit back and enjoy a well-deserved rest on the return journey to Prague.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch (main course and drink) (vegetarian and vegan options available)
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus with free WIFI
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bottled water, coffee and/or tea
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Hiking shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• It is recommended that you wear hiking shoes or sport shoes suitable for uneven surfaces
• When booking, please advise the local operator of any dietary requirements or preferences
• The day before you will receive information about the weather forecast for the day of the tour, please dress accordingly