From Ljubljana: Day Trip to Bled and Vintgar Gorge
- Visit Bled Castle overlooking Lake Bled and marvel at the views at Lake Bohinj
- Ride aboard a traditional boat to the only true island in Slovenia
- Get back to nature in Vintgar Gorge
- Enjoy lunch at an Alpine restaurant
- Walk through the medieval town of Skofja Loka
Journey up to the castle perched on the top of a steep cliff above the glacial Lake Bled. Get spectacular views of the lake and its tiny island from the terraces, and then board a traditional pletna boat and sail across to the only true island in Slovenia.
Alternatively, visit Vintgar Gorge and walk the wooden paths to marvel as the River Radovna runs through the canyon to end at the amazing Šum Waterfall. Stop for lunch in a typical Alpine restaurant before going to the glacial lake at Bohinj in Triglav National Park.
Cool down with a swim or explore the lake on foot, or by canoe if you prefer. End with a visit to the well-preserved town of Skofja Loka. Walk around the medieval town center, overlooked by an historic castle and monastery.
- Pick-up and drop off
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Personal expenses
- Optional entrance to Bled Castle (€13 per person)
- Optional visit to Vintgar Gorge (€10-15 per person)
- Traditional Pletna boat ride (€15 per person)
Prepare for the activity
• A minimum of 2 participants is required for this tour to operate
• Wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
• Bring a camera and an extra towel if you want to swim in the lake