Encounter whales and dolphins in the wild on a half-day adventure in Mauritius. Cruise to the western lagoon to see playful and peaceful dolphins. Then, head into deeper waters to encounter humpback and sperm whales off the west coast of Mauritius.
About this activity
Duration 0.5 days
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Select date, participants and language:
Look for whales and dolphins off the west coast of Mauritius
Get up close to some of the most magnificent creatures of the ocean
Learn about these amazing creatures from your professional guide
Meet on the jetty at La Jetée Road, Black River for a brief but informative briefing by your guide. Then, set out in search of dolphins and whales in the Indian Ocean.
Spend a few hours enjoying the peaceful and playful dolphins of the western lagoon. There's a 90% chance of seeing them. Light refreshments will be served on board.
Then, head out to deeper waters to find the largest of all marine mammals - whales. Both humpback and sperm whales can be seen off the west coast of Mauritius, with a 60% chance of an encounter. Enjoy your time with these magnificent creatures, before heading back to shore. Sightings will depend on weather and sea conditions and encounters can not be guaranteed.
• This activity is on a shared basis
• The local supplier gives a 90% probability to encounter dolphins and a 60% probability to see whales
• A 100% cancellation fee applies to cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to the activity
• The supplier reserves the right to cancel any reservation in the event that bad weather puts the safety of clients at stake
• This activity is not recommended for pregnant women
• Bring sun cream and a towel (you should already be wearing your swim suit)
• It is very important you listen and act according to the skippers' directions at all the times while on board