Swim with wild dolphins, see stunning views from the Macondé viewpoint and visit La Vanille Réserve des Mascareignes, a crocodile and tortoise park, on this full-day nature tour.
About this activity
Duration 8 hours
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Select date, participants and language:
Swim with wild dolphins and snorkel near a coral reef
Visit La Vanille Réserve des Mascareignes, home to giant tortoises and crocodiles
Admire the rugged scenery of powerful waves crashing on the cliffs at Gris Gris
Start your full-day program with the experience of a lifetime as you swim with wild dolphins in their natural environment. Enjoy 2.5 hours on the open sea on the lookout for dolphins and swimming with them.
Once you board the boat, the skipper will brief you on the types of dolphins you’re likely to encounter, their habits, and guidelines for a sustainable dolphin encounter. You’ll then head to Tamarin Bay, where the skipper will accompany you in the water when it’s your turn to swim with the dolphins.
Depending on the amount of time left, you may head to the Aquarium, a popular snorkeling and diving site that boasts colorful coral and a variety of tropical fish.
Then it's time to discover Macondé, one of the most photographed sites on Mauritius. This viewing point is located in the southwestern part of the island, where the coastal road follows a sharp curve along a cliff, giving it its dramatic appeal.
Next, the tour takes you to La Vanille Réserve des Mascareignes, where you’ll find beautiful palm and banana trees, giant bamboos, and native wildlife, including 2,000 Nile crocodiles and 1,000 giant tortoises.
You’ll also visit their insectarium, which boasts one of the best private collections in the world with its 23,000 species.
Marvel at the natural beauty of Mauritius as you drive to the wild south. You’ll see rugged scenery and powerful waves crashing on the cliffs at Gris Gris and La Roche qui Pleure, a natural rock formation that resembles a person crying when the waves strike.
2.5-hour encounter with wild dolphins in the open sea
Snorkeling near the coral reef (snorkeling gear provided)
Services of a fully licensed, qualified driver
Air-conditioned and insured taxi, minibus or coach
Private transfer for your group to and from your hotel
What’s Not Included
Entrance fee at La Vanille Réserve des Mascareignes (€10 per adult and €5.50 per child on weekdays or €5.50 per adult and €2.50 per child on weekends)
Lunch and snacks
When you get there
Know before you go
• The dolphin portion of this program is not recommended for pregnant women
• All children under 12 years of age should be accompanied by an adult
• At least 90 percent of the time, participants see dolphins. However, if this is not the case on your excursion, a second outing will be offered on the boat free of charge (transportation to and from your hotel are not included for the second outing). It’s important to note that there will be no refund once you have completed the activity
• The program lasts up to 8 hours, and you will be able to choose how long you spend at each attraction (except for the dolphin portion). Depending on the speed of your group, you may not have time to see all the listed attractions
• You'll be able to stop for lunch but the price of lunch is not included