Mauritius: Wild South West Full-Day Public Tour
Best Tours for Groups
2019 GetYourGuide Award Winner
Recognizing the best experiences for travelers worldwide. Learn more
Pickup includedPick-ups from hotels in Mauritius. You will be contacted by a hotel representative, advising your excursion pick-up time.
- Explore the lesser-known southwest corner of Mauritius
- Take the winding scenic road to Chamarel Waterfall
- Marvel at the colored earth and giant tortoise of the 7-Colored Earth park
- Taste local rum at La Rhumerie de Chamarel
- Enjoy a delicious gourmet lunch
- Visit the sacred lake of Grand Bassin
- Enjoy a 360-degree view over the island from Trou aux Cerfs
- Admire the miniature, intricate structures at the Ship Model Factory
Take a winding drive to the southwest corner of Mauritius, stopping at the Macondé Bridge for panoramic views across the Baie Du Cap River. Continue to Chamarel Village to admire the 90-meter high Chamarel Waterfall and curious 7-Coloured Earth, a natural phenomenon caused when basaltic lava converts the clay mineral into vibrant shades of red, brown, violet, green, blue, purple and yellow.
Visit La Rhumerie de Chamarel to learn about the various stages involved in making the local rum, before tasting the end product! A delicious gourmet lunch will then be served in a local restaurant. Next, make a short drive to the Black River Gorges, home to much of the island’s endemic flora and fauna.
You will then head to the sacred lake of Grand Bassin, the most important place of worship for Mauritian Hindus. Stop at the volcanic crater of Trou Aux Cerfs, where you can enjoy a panoramic view across almost the entire island.
End the tour with a stop at the ship model factory in Curepipe where their craftsmen are adept in the art of miniaturisation and the techniques of replica work.
- Pickup and drop-off at any hotel or accommodation in Mauritius
- Transportation to all sights
- Personal guide (French, English or German-speaking)
- Entry fees to all sights
- Rum tasting and tour of La Rhumerie de Chamarel
- Beverages during lunch
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Oversize luggage
- Luggage or large bags
• In case of bad weather you will receive a full refund if cancellation is made by operator
• If tour is curtailed during excursion due to bad weather, you will receive a partial refund
• Operator reserves the right to change the day and date of the excursion