From Bilbao: Elorrio, Oñati, and Sanctuary of Arantzazu Tour
Pickup includedPick-up will be at 09.00 in the lobby of your Bilbao hotel. If your hotel is not in the city center, your pick-up point will be Abba Parque Hotel in central Bilbao.
- Take in the breathtaking landscape of Basque Country
- Marvel at the oldest University of the Basque Country, the University of the Sancti Spiritu
- Visit the Sanctuary of Arantzazu and enjoy its breathtaking surroundings
After being picked up at your hotel you will begin the tour along the road towards the center of the province of Biscay. You will be able to see a beautiful landscape full of mountains and the industrialized area of Durango.
Later you will arrive at the traditional village of Elorrio. With the largest collection of family crests in the Basque Country, this small village holds the real essence of rural life. You can stroll through the small streets to the traditional palaces and the magnificent church of Santa Maria de la Asuncion.
Afterwards you will head towards the village of Oinati. Here you will be able to visit the oldest University of the Basque Country, the University of the Sancti Spiritu, and see the medieval tower houses, the beautiful town hall, Fueros square and more.
You will then continue towards the Sanctuary of Arantzazu. Located on top of a nearby mountain, it is a unique building designed by famous local architects and sculptors. With breathtaking surroundings it is a place full of history. At the end of the visit you will return back to your hotel.
- Specialized guide during the tour with all types of information on the sights.
- Transport and assistance insurance.