Big Island: Full-Day Circle Island Tour on Deluxe Bus
Pickup includedPlease provide your hotel details after booking.
- Visit Akaka Falls State Park to see Hawaii's tallest waterfall
- Admire stunning Kealakelua Bay on the Big Island's south coast
- Enjoy complimentary Kona coffee and candy samples
- See the waterfalls of the northern Hamakua Coast
The air-conditioned deluxe coach travels to the southern coast of the Big Island, making a stop at the Kealakekua Bay scenic overlook. From here you’ll continue on to Volcanoes National Park.
Dubbed Pele's Playground, Volcanoes National Park is situated on the southern tip of the Big Island. Visit the Jagger Museum and watch a remarkable video featuring volcanic eruptions. See steam bluffs, marvel at Kilauea Iki Crater, and take a walk through the Thurston Lava Tube.
Leave the volcanoes behind and drive to Hilo on the eastern coast. You’ll stop at a lush orchid and anthurium nursery before heading to Big Island Candies for a free tour. Established in 1977, Big Island Candies produces high quality macadamia nut candies and cookies. Enjoy a complimentary cup of Kona coffee and take away some free candy samples.
Additional highlights on the tour include a drive through the rolling hills of Parker Ranch, home of the Hawaiian cowboy. Admire views of cascading waterfalls along the beautiful northern Hamakua Coast from the panoramic windows of the coach bus.
- Round trip transportation from most Kona hotels
- Professional guide
- Punalu‘u Black Sand Beach visit
- Royal Kona Coffee Mill & Museum visit
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park admission
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Visitor Center visit
- Rainbow Falls visit
- Meals (no hosted lunch)
Prepare for the activity
Hotel pick-up is provided at most Kona hotels between 6:00 and 7:30. Your exact pick-up time and location will be advised when you reconfirm your tour 24 hours prior to departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour involves hiking of up to a mile to see the lava flow. Please wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes, as you will traverse sharp, uneven lava surfaces.
• To avoid potential health problems from exposure to volcanic fumes, the tour is not ideal for young children and passengers with asthma or other respiratory conditions. All passengers are required to sign a release of liability form.
• As Big Island weather and lava viewing conditions are unpredictable, no sighting of active lava flow is guaranteed.