Parliament quarter, Reichstag, Plenarsaal, dome (in German)
- Enjoy a fascinating guided tour of the parliament quarter
- See the House of Representatives and the Chancellery
- Listen to a presentation in the plenary hall of the German Bundestag (offered in German only)
- Visit the glass dome and viewing terrace of the Reichstag building
- Marvel at the panoramic view and discover the top sights of the capital
See the impressive buildings of the parliament quarter along the banks of the Spree, while you stroll down the streets to the Reichstag. Marvel at the main studio of the German television station ARD, the Reichstagspräsidentenpalais, the work spaces of the politicians, the memorial to the victims of the Berlin Wall, the former course of the wall, the parliament library, the federal press conference building, some artworks around the Bundestag and the Republic Square from which the modern building of the German Chancellery can be seen. On this part of the tour with a length of 900 meters, you will learn a lot about the surroundings and history of the headquarter of the German parliament.
After this tour you will enjoy a free presentation in the plenary hall, with a seat under the dome. Learn more about the tasks and duties of the parliament as well as the story behind a building that has played such a significant role in German history.
The viewing terrace and the glass dome are definitely the highlights of this tour. Enjoy the breathtaking scenery of the television tower, Brandenburg Gate, Berlin Cathedral, Berlin cityhall, Potsdam Square, Tiergarten, the embassies, German Chancellery, main station, the domes of Gendarmenmarkt and the synagogue, Victory Column, City West and Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church, Funkturm and others. When the tour is over, you may stay in the dome or on the viewing terrace and enjoy some free time.
The building of the Reichstag may only be visited if all participants register for it prior to the activity. Please provide the following details for each participant: familiy name, name and date of birth. The visitor centre staff will only process requests when they include full, correct information.
Visiting the building is subject to the current working situation of the parliament as well as weather and security conditions. Therefore, a visit can't be guaranteed. Even after confirmation, your booking may be cancelled on site. If a tour is set to take place and the Bundestag cancels the visit to the dome on short notice, no refunds can be made.
The parliament, the Bundestag and the services of the visitor centre are tax-funded, which is why no entry fees will be charged. The Bundestag inside the Reichstags building, the glass dome and the roof-top terrace can be visited for free. Also, participating in presentations from the visitors' gallery and certain tours are free of charge. The price for the tour includes a tour with a professional guide, organisational matters and the registration at the Bundestag.
- Tour of the parliament quarter with professional guide
- Registration to visit the Bundestag
- Free visit to the Reichstag building
- Informative speech in the plenary hall (depending on political working situation - not guaranteed!)
- Visit to the dome and the roof-top terrace (depending on weather conditions, safety and working situation of the Bundestag - not guaranteed!)
- Transfer to meeting point
- Personal expenses
When you get there
Entrance of the Akademie der Künste at Pariser Platz 4, 10117 Berlin. Description: The Akademie der Künste is located next to Hotel Adlon at Brandenburg Gate. It is the only building on the square with a glass facade. In case of good weather you'll meet outside in front of the entrance, otherwise you will gather in the entrance area inside the building. How to get there by public transportation: U-Bahn (subway) U55, i.e. from main station S-Bahn (city train) S1, S2, S25, i.e. from Potsdamer Platz or Bahnhof Friedrichstr. Bus lines 100, TXL or Bus 200 from Behrenstr./Wilhelmstr. station The guide will be holding a sign that says "Stadtführung Reichstag Glaskuppel".Open in Google Maps ⟶
Information for foreign guests:
• The guided tour and the explanations in the plenary hall are offered in German only. No translations within your group can be made
• If you are looking for a tour of the Reichstag in a different language, you may want to have a look at the "Berlin Brandenburg Gate and Reichstag Dome Tour" (English, French, Dutch, Spanish, Italian and more)