Berlin: Pergamon & New Museum Tour and Museum Island Pass
- Admire the impressive artifacts and architectural structures of two museums
- Take a journey through history gaining a critical understanding of the collection's relationship to Berlin, past and present
- Enjoy a skip the line guided tour of the Pergamon and New Museum
- See the bust of Nefertiti, Market Gate of Miletus, Ishtar Gate, Byzantine boy and so much more
- Explore the Bode Museum, Alte Nationalgalerie and the Altes Museum after the tour
Hear stories about how heavily destroyed the museums were after the end of WWII when the Museum Island was almost a complete ruin. Only in 1999 was Museum Island awarded UNESCO status. This tour will introduce you to the Mesopotamian, Assyrian, Babylonian, Greek, Egyptian, Antique art and culture. The guide gives a very detailed explanation of how these cultures began, why they were important throughout history and what is their heritage today.
Visit the famous Ishtar Gate, learn when it was built and why, as well as the beautiful bust of Nefertiti and the Market Gate of Miletus. After the tour, visit the remaining museums of the Museum Island at your own pace. The Bode Museum offers sculptures dated in the Middle Ages up until the early Renaissance and a collection of artifacts from Byzantine art. If you wish to see ancient Greek and Roman decorative art, you should visit the Altes Museum that contains a permanent collection of ancient Greek and Roman vases and statues. In the Alte Nationalgalerie, you can enjoy exhibitions of Neoclassical, Romantic, Impressionist and Modernist art.
- Guided tour of the Pergamon and New Museum
- Skip-the-line entry
- Price includes a Museum Island day pass, valid for the Bode Museum, Alte Nationalgalerie and Altes Museum for that day
- Headphones to hear the guide
- Access to Pergamon Panorama
- Food and drink
Prepare for the activity
On the corner of Am Lustgarten and Bodestrasse, (10178 Berlin) under the colonnade/roofed pillars. Look for your guide with the yellow local tour operator badge. Please note that as of April 1st 2020, tours will meet outside Bodestrasse 2, 10178, Berlin. Meet on the bottom of the steps of the "James Simon Galerie" on Museum Island.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Backpacks are not allowed in the exhibitions and have to be left in the lockers that are provided.
• No water bottles are allowed to the Pergamon Museum.
• Please note that this tour involves a lot of walking, but there are folding chairs available for use, free from the museum.
• As of April 1st 2020, tours will meet outside Bodestrasse 2, 10178, Berlin. Meet on the bottom of the steps of the "James Simon Galerie" on Museum Island.