Alternative Berlin in Hebrew
- Go beyond the tourist attractions and see the real Berlin
- Visit 4 different neighbourhoods - Schoneberg, Tiergarten, Kreuzberg and Friedrichshain
- Hear about the cultural diversity of the city and delve into Berlin’s vibrant urban art scene
The neighborhood of Schöneberg is very diverse. From amazing graffiti to the epicenter of Berlin’s Queer community. Learn about the history of this neighborhood, including the uninhibited LGBT scene and vast Weimar culture that flourished during the 1920’s. Hear about Christopher Isherwood and Magnus Hirschfeld.
Head to the alternative districts of Friedrichshain and Kreuzberg, where left-wing residents continue to stave off attacks from corporate businesses and rent-raising landlords. Visit the East Side Gallery, a colorful section of the Berlin Wall that's now the largest open-air gallery in the world, and discuss the origins and political overtones of Berlin's famous street art scene.
- 5-hour tour
- Hebrew-speaking guide
- Public transport ticket (a day pass for the AB zone is required: EUR 7)
Prepare for the activity
WEST: 10:00 in front of the McDonalds outside of the main entrance to Zoologischer Garten train station, Hardenbergplatz, 10623 Berlin. Please note that As of April 1st 2020, tours will meet outside Friedrichstr. train station, on the square beside the 'Traenenpalast' (Palace of Tears), Reichstagufer 17, 10117 Berlin.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• As of April 1st 2020, tours will meet outside Friedrichstr. train station, on the square beside the 'Traenenpalast' (Palace of Tears), Reichstagufer 17, 10117 Berlin.