Basel: Taste my Swiss City – Self Guided Food Tour
- Discover Basel through the eyes of a local with this off the beaten track self-guided food tour.
- Enjoy a drink and/or snack at each of the 5 authentic places visited
- Follow the instructions given on your tour voucher to discover the stops which are carefully chosen by a local food expert
- Explore independently within opening hours
Start at Bäckerei KULT "Elsi" Here a young team has breathed new life into Basel’s oldest bakery. Everything from the jam to the vanilla cream is handmade. Stop here, find out what a “Basel Gold” is and get one to try. Then go further to Basel Unverpackt, your second stop on the tour. Anyone who is keen to take a more conscious approach to life will know this shop. The team’s priorities are zero waste, recycling, and sustainable preservation of foodstuffs. Here you can fill up on organic products. Afterwards, head over to your third stop. At KLARA you can enjoy international dishes in a laid-back atmosphere. Sample 3 delicacies from around the world with a drink of your choice.
At your fourth stop, you will get to try some delicious ice cream. This delightful, narrow ice cream parlor in Rheingasse is simply impossible to pass by. Acero’s dairy ice creams, vegan fruit sorbets or vegan coconut and rice-milk ice creams are just delicious. You will get 3 flavors in a cup here. Last but not least, at your fifth stop, Xocolatl, you can look forward to chocolate at its finest. Every item here comes from sustainable and fair-trade sources. Have a hot chocolate for a delicious ending to your day.
- One meal and/or drink in every location
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
The best way to reach the starting point at KULT bakery in St. Johann (Elsässerstrasse 43) is by taking tram number 11 towards Saint-Louis Grenze and getting off at the “Mülhauserstrasse” stop. In KULT bakery, show your booking confirmation/voucher or show the sales staff your e-mail confirmation.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Comfortable shoes are recommended
• This tour is available from Tuesday to Saturday and is intended for the daytime
• If you are unable to take the tour (or visit individual establishments) on the day you planned, you may choose a different day. If you do this, please be sure to note the availability dates: The tour cannot be taken on Mondays, Sundays or public holidays. Please also note any holidays at the establishments (see under availability)