Freixenet Cellars Visit from Barcelona
- Tour the historic Freixenet wine cellars
- Learn how some of the best cava in Catalonia is made
- Enjoy a tasting of Freixenet cava
Next, you’ll take a ride on a small train through the modern cellars that date from the 1970s and 1990s, then see the Freixenet production areas.
At the end of the tour you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy a glass of this glimmering, cool cava or grape juice for guests under age 18. You’ll also be able to visit the Freixenet store Dolores Ferrer, where you can purchase cavas, wines from around the world, and other top-quality products associated with the world of wine.
- Audiovisual about the history and adverts of the company
- Enosensorial room: how we produce cava
- Guided tour at the old part of the cellar
- Visit the newest part by train
- Tasting of 2 glasses of Cava (grape juice for guests under age 18)
- Additional product tastings
Prepare for the activity
Meet us at the Freixenet cellars! By train: The best way to come to Freixenet from Barcelona is by train. From Barcelona Plaça Catalunya or Sants stations, take the train in the of direction Vilafranca del Penedés or Sant Vicenç de Calders, getting off at Sant Sadurní d'Anoia station. We are located next to the station. The train takes about 50 minutes from Barcelona to Sant Sadurní. By car: From Barcelona, take the AP-7 or AP-2 in the direction of Lérida/Tarragona, and get off at exit 27 - Sant Sadurní d’Anoia (40 kilometers - about 40 minutes).Open in Google Maps ⟶