From Barcelona: Montserrat Half Day Guided Tour
- Visit the stunning Monserrat mountain range, a unique rocky formation which is one of Catalonia’s best-known symbols
- Climb up Montserrat on one of the only two rack railways still in operation in Catalonia
- Enjoy free time to visit the Montserrat Abbey, explore the natural environment and have a meal at one of the abbey’s restaurants
- Learn about the rich religious history of Montserrat
Ride the rack railway to the top of Montserrat and admire the stunning views across the mountain range. From here, visit the Benedictine Abbey and the Santa Maria de Montserrat, which houses the Virgin of Montserrat Sanctuary and learn about the rich-history of the these beautiful buildings cut into the rock.
There’s also time to visit the famous Montserrat Monastery, where the image of the Mare de Déu de Montserrat is venerated. Widely and affectionately known as La Moreneta, she has been the patron saint of Catalonia since 1881. Providing the date and time of the tour, there’s also the option to see Montserrat’s boys choir, one of the oldest in Europe, famed for their prestige and world wide performances.
- Montserrat orientation tour
- Discounts at shops and restaurants
- 3 hours of free time at Montserrat
- Rack railway ticket to the top of Montserrat
- Performance of Escolania’s choir (subject to the Escolania’s timetable)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off