Barcelona: Columbus Monument
- Discover the history of the Columbus Monument
- Get access to the panoramic area on top of the monument at 60 meters above ground
- Join an optional wine tasting
Look across the rooftops of the Gothic Quarter and see the bell towers of the cathedral and seafarers' church of Santa Maria del Mar. Watch the hustle and bustle of La Rambla from up high and look across at Montjuïc Castle and Les Drassanes Reials (Royal Shipyards of Drassanes), now home to the Museu Marítim (Maritime Museum)
If you follow the coastline, you'll be able to make out the modern Forum area with its characteristic photo-voltaic roof and skyscrapers. Closer to you, the twin towers mark the entrance to the Olympic Marina. Look down at Port Vell (Old Harbor) and across to the Parc Natural de Collserola, the vast green "lung" surrounding the city. Cast your eyes to the horizon for views of the Torre de Collserola (Collserola Tower) and Tibidabo Amusement Park at the top of Tibidabo Hill.
Return to the base of the Columbus Monument to discover an area dedicated to the best local wineries of the region. Enjoy a glass of wine from a choice of white, red, rosé or sparkling at an optional wine tasting. Benefit from the guidance of an expert who will help you choose between the various options on offer. Choose wines from the coastal area of Alella or the inland region of Pla de Bages. Taste a wine produced at the innovative D.O. Catalunya or a world-renowned Penedès. Feast on a sweet or salty tapa while you listen to a brief explanation of your choice of wine.
- Access to the viewing platform of the Columbus Monument
- Combined ticket for access to the panoramic area and a glass of local wine at the wine tasting
Prepare for the activity
• The optional wine tasting can be added during the booking process
• The Columbus Monument is closed on December 25 and January 1