Grand Palace, Damnoen Floating Market & Maeklong Market Tour
Pickup optionalYour tour guide will email you the exact time for pickup one day before your activity.
- Take in the local sights and sounds at Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
- See vendors scramble as the train rushes by the Maeklong Railway Market
- Visit Wat Phra Kaew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha), one of the country’s most sacred temples
- Marvel at the amazing architecture and colorful statues at the Grand Palace
First, visit the Maeklong Railway Market. Called "Talat Rom Hup" which roughly means "umbrella pulldown market", watch the vendors scramble to pack up their stalls when a train goes by along the track that runs through the market. Explore and hopefully see the train pass before making way to the next stop, the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market.
Discover one of the more famous floating markets in the city, which is made up of a network of narrow canals dotted with vendors paddling their boats filled with their wares. From local produce to souvenir items, take in the organized chaos on the river before stopping for lunch in a local restaurant, at your own expense.
After indulging in a variety of tasty Thai foods, set off to visit Wat Phra Kaew, also known as the Temple of the Emerald Buddha, which is one of the country’s most sacred temples. Take in the tranquil and spiritual environment before making your way to the Grand Palace. Marvel at the exquisite architecture and numerous images here, once home to the Thai royal family up until the early 1900s.
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation fees
- Boat ride to the market
- Boat ride in Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
- Drinking water
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (from selected area, if option is selected)
- Entrance fees (Grand Palace & Wat Phra Kaew THB500)
- Personal expenses
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Meeting Point is at National Stadium BTS Station Exit 2. The meeting time is between 6:30 AM - 7:30 AM. An email will be sent to you the day before your tour to confirm the exact time. Your tour guide will be holding a "TripGuru" sign waiting for you.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Sleeveless shirts
• Shoes must be removed before entering the temple buildings as a matter of respect