From Bangkok: Ayutthaya Day Tour by Bus & Boat
Pick-up service• Pick-up points are only for hotels located in the following areas: Khaosan, Sathorn, Silom, Siam, Pratunam and Sukhumvit area from Soi 1 to 39 (odd) and Soi 2 to 24 (even) • The approximate pick-up schedule for each area: Sukhumvit at 6:30 AM, Khaosan at 6:30 AM, Sathorn at 6:40 AM, Siam at 6:50 AM, Pratunam at 6:45 AM, Silom at 7:00 AM • Please be in the reception of your hotel at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pick-up time. The tour provider will inform you of the pick-up time once you provide your hotel information.
- Visit the remarkable Bang Pa-In Summer Palace
- Explore ancient ruins of monasteries, Buddhist temples and palaces
- Cruise along the river from Ayutthaya back to Bangkok while enjoying a delicious lunch
- Witness the biggest reclining Buddha in Ayutthaya, at a length of 42 meters
- See Wat Mahatat, where the head of a Buddha is tangled in a tree trunk and roots
Next, visit Wat Mahathat, Wat Na Phra Mane and Wat Lokayasutharam to explore the ruins of ancient palaces, Buddhist temples, monasteries and statues. Wat Mahatat is known for its Head of the Buddha, which has a tree trunk and roots growing around it, while the temple at Wat Lokayasutharam hosts the biggest reclining Buddha in Ayutthaya at a length of 42 meters and height of 8 meters.
At around 1.00 pm, board the White Orchid River Cruise at Wat Chong Lom Pier. On board, enjoy a delicious Thai or European lunch with desserts, seasonal fruits, coffee and tea. Sit back and relax as you cruise past the Chao Phraya River banks, enjoying views of famous Thai attractions such as Wat Arun, the Royal Grand Palace and Rama VIII Bridge.
The cruise will arrive back in Bangkok around 4.00 pm, from where you can take a comfortable transfer back to your hotel or enjoy the city in the evening.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Admission fees to all attractions
- English-speaking guide
- Thai & international buffet lunch on board
- Coffee, tea and drinking water
- Return riverboat trip on the White Orchid Cruise
- Hotel pick-up and drop off from central Bangkok hotels (if option selected)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for the guide and driver
Prepare for the activity
Please proceed to the front of River City Mall where the roundabout is located. Then, check in with the staff. Then you will depart upon the bus which has the White Orchid River Cruise’s logo displayed in the front window.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Sandals or flip flops
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
• Visitors are requested to be dressed properly and appropriately upon entering the ground of Bang Pa-In Palace
• Pick-up/drop off points are only for hotels located in the following areas:
Khaosan, Sathorn, Silom, Siam, Pratunam and Sukhumvit area from Soi 1 to 39 (odd) and Soi 2 to 24 (even)
• Direct pick-ups are not guaranteed for those staying in a guesthouse, condo or apartment. It is advised that you contact the tour operator to confirm if pick-up is possible
• For those staying outside of the pick-up areas, it is suggested that you arrange your own transfer to the River City Shopping Complex
• If you are commuting to River City Shopping Complex, please make sure to arrive around 7.00 am – 07.15 am
• Children ages 1 and younger are free of charge if accompanied by a paying adult