Ayutthaya: 5 UNESCO Temples Small Group Tour From Bangkok
Pickup optionalYour hotel in Bangkok city center. This shared 1-way hotel pickup service is available only for those who are staying in the Khaosan, Sathorn, Silom, Siam, Pratunam and Sukhumvit areas from Soi 1 to 39 (odd) and Soi 2 to 24 (even).
- Take a daytrip to the ancient city of Ayutthaya, the former capital of Thailand
- Marvel at Wat Phra Sri Sanphet and the royal palace grounds
- Journey to Wat Mahathat, one of the oldest and most significant temples
- Visit Wat Ratchaburana where gold treasures were found in 1957
- Explore the collections in the Chao Samphraya National Museum
- Enjoy lunch at Krungsri River Hotel before visiting more important monasteries
Then, head to Wat Mahathat Ayutthaya which is one of the oldest and most significant temples in the history of Ayutthaya as it housed the Buddha's holy relic. The temple is most famous for the Buddha head situated in a Bodhi tree root. Next, stop at Wat Ratchaburana which houses a large number of Buddha images and gold artifacts. Enjoy lunch that will be served at Krungsri River Hotel.
In the afternoon, continue on to the Chao Samphraya National Museum. Admire the most important objects here including the Buddha relics found inside the crypt of Wat Mahathat and other golden treasures like the golden sword, the golden headgear (hat), the miniature royal regalia, golden sculptures, and more. Then, visit Wat Lokaya Sutharam to see the 42-meter-long reclining white Buddha. Last but not least, finish the trip at Wat Chaiwattanaram which rests on the bank of the Chao Phraya River. Learn about how the temple was ordered to built in 1630 by King Prasat Thong to honor his mother featuring the architectural style influenced by the Angkor Wat temple complex in Cambodia. Arrive back in Bangkok at around 5 PM.
- Transportation by air conditioned van or mini coach with experienced driver
- All entrance tickets
- Lunch at Krungsri River Hotel
- Licensed English-speaking guide
- Accident insurance
- 1-way Bangkok hotel pickup (if option selected)
- Drop-off near BTS Chongnonsri Station
- Hotel drop-off
Prepare for the activity
- Sandals or flip flops
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Open-toed shoes
• Pickup points are only for hotels located in the following areas: Khaosan, Sathorn, Silom, Siam, Pratunam, and Sukhumvit area from Soi 1 to 39 (odd) and Soi 2 to 24 (even)