Banff: Mount Norquay Sightseeing Chairlift
- Enjoy amazing views of the Bow Valley, Mount Rundle, and Banff during your ride
- Savor a local craft beer, a glass of wine, or lunch at the 1950s tearoom turned modern bistro
- Keep your eyes peeled for black and grizzly bears on your 8-minute journey into the sky
- Explore the observation deck and marvel at incredible panoramas of the Rockies
After checking in with the friendly staff at the North American Lodge at the Mount Norquay Ski Resort, head outside ready to board the chairlift. This open-air Chairlift allows you to ride up the mountain with your legs dangling freely below you which means unobstructed views and photographs from your seat. Each 2-person chair is outfitted with a safety bar so you aren't in any danger of falling out. Enjoy the views and keep an eye out for wildlife over this natural bear habitat during the 8-minute ride. At the top, head to the interpretive walkway for incredible views overlooking Banff National Park and the entire Bow Valley region. As you stroll along, keep your eyes peeled for bighorn sheep who often frequent the area.
One of the highlights at Mount Norquay is the charming Cliffhouse Bistro. Located right near the top of the chairlift, this cozy 1950s tearoom turned modern bistro offers delicious local craft beers and wine, along with a range of relaxed, upmarket lunch fare. With incredible views over Banff, this restaurant is a local favorite and was once visited by Marilyn Monroe during a movie shoot in Banff.
Once you've taken ample time to soak in the views from the top, return back down Mount Norquay on the chairlift at your leisure. Take advantage of an optional return shuttle back to Banff.
- Banff sightseeing chairlift admission ticket
- Free Mount Norquay shuttle bus from Banff
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Children under 2 years
Prepare for the activity
Mount Norquay, Mount Norquay Road, Banff, AB T1L 1B4, Canada Please refer to your confirmation email for full details and current operating hours. The meeting point is at the North American Lodge at the Mount Norquay Ski Resort at the end of Mt Norquay Road in Banff, located approximately ten minutes from downtown Banff. Full driving instructions and the free shuttle bus schedule information will be provided in your booking confirmation.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Unaccompanied minors
• Children under the age of 2 cannot ride the chairlift for safety reasons
• The maximum combined weight is 226 kg (500 lbs) per chair
• Each chairlift can accommodate 2 people; larger groups will take multiple chairs