Waitomo and Rotorua 2-Day Tour from Auckland
- Enjoy exploring Waitomo and Rotorua on this 2-day tour
- Wind through rural New Zealand in the Waikato region
- Be amazed by the shimmering lights of thousands of tiny glow-worms at the famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- See geysers, bubbling mud pools, steaming geysers and naturally heated spa pools
- Learn about Māori culture in New Zealand at Te Puia
- Enjoy one night in a 4-star hotel located close to the Rotorua geothermal activity
Day 1: Auckland - Waitomo - Rotorua
With complimentary hotel pickup, climb aboard your deluxe coach in the morning of day one and prepare to leave the city behind. Wind through rural New Zealand and take in scenic rolling hills and the picturesque farmland of the Waikato.
Upon arrival at Waitomo Caves, embark on a guided tour that’ll take you into the heart of this subterranean wonderland; learn about the limestone cave formations as you explore on foot, before hopping onto a small boat. You tour concludes as you drift down an underground river into the famous Glowworm Grotto, lit by the bioluminescence of thousands of tiny glowworms.
Allow your eyes to adjust as you board your coach for the onward journey to Rotorua. Tuck into a picnic lunch on board and listen as your driver provides informative commentary along the way. Upon arrival in Rotorua, it’s time for a unique New Zealand farm experience at the Agrodome; see sheep dog trials, ride on tractors and learn about the significance of farming in New Zealand. Next, see bubbling mud pools and steaming geysers and enjoy a traditional Māori performance at Te Puia. After your Te Puia experience, go to your 4-star hotel where you can relax at your leisure and admire the geothermal activity from the comfort of your hotel.
Day 2: Rotorua - Auckland
After breakfast, enjoy a leisurely day visiting other Rotorua attractions on your own. Why not head to Polynesian Spa to relax in naturally-heated mineral pools, soar above the city and enjoy breathtaking views of Lake Rotorua on the Skyline Gondola or see the flora and fauna at Rainbow Spring Nature Park. After a free day to explore the Rotorua attractions of your choice, climb aboard your deluxe coach once again for the return journey to Auckland.
- Experienced tour guide
- Morning tea (day 1)
- Picnic lunch (day 1)
- Evening snacks (day 2)
- Caves admission
- Twin-share accommodation
- Admission to the Polynesian Spa, Hell's Gate, and White Water Rafting
Prepare for the activity
• Vegetarian option is available on request
• Prices are quoted for twin-share accommodation
• Please bring a small overnight bag
You might also like...
Product ID: 28193