From Auckland or Rotorua: Hobbiton and Cave Rafting Day Trip
Pickup includedAddresses in central Rotorua or Auckland
- Embark on a walking tour of Hobbiton Movie Set with a complimentary drink at the Green Dragon Inn
- Enjoy a packed picnic lunch supplied by Hobbiton
- Travel in top-of-the-range Mercedes vans in small groups
- Start in Auckland or Rotorua and finish in the same location or get dropped off in the other city
- Set off on an exciting cave rafting adventure
Transfer to the movie set on one of the tour operator's buses and hear about how this set was used for all filming of both "The Lord of the Rings" and the "The Hobbit" movies. After the tour, take 15 minutes to relax in the Green Dragon Inn before traveling to Waitomo Caves. Between the two stops, you'll have time to enjoy your picnic lunch.
At Waitomo Caves, join a group of up to 12 people on the Black Labyrinth tour, which includes cave tubing and caving in the river that runs through the bottom of the Ruakuri Cave. After arriving at the cave, you will be given a briefing on the art of cave tubing before starting your rafting excursion. Float through a glow-worm grotto, jump over small waterfalls, and enjoy other adrenalin-filled experiences. The tour runs about three hours, 1.5 of which are underground.
Rejoin the main transport for the day and travel to your drop-off destination. On some occasions, the activities may be reversed. After you have completed the final activity, you will be taken to Auckland or Rotorua. You can start and finish in the same place, or choose to make this a one-way journey beginning or ending in Auckland or Rotorua.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from central locations in Rotorua or Auckland
- All admission fees
- Packed picnic lunch
- Transport in Mercedes minibus
- Water and snacks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Children under 12 years
Prepare for the activity
• Children under 12 are not permitted on the Black Labyrinth excursion
• Bring a towel and something to wear under your wet suit