From Auckland: Hobbiton, Waitomo, and Rotorua Two-Day Tour
- Marvel at glittering glowworms in the Waitomo Caves on a 45-minute guided tour
- See Rotorua's geothermal phenomena from geysers and mud pools to hot springs
- Visit Te Puia Maori Village for an immersive Maori cultural experience
- Enjoy a unique farm experience at Agrodome and hand-feed friendly animals
- Hear some behind-the-scenes stories at Hobbiton Movie Set on a 2-hour guided tour
On arrival, enjoy an official 45-minute guided tour that includes a short boat cruise underneath a canopy of glittering glowworms. Climb back onboard the coach to eat a boxed lunch en-route to Rotorua, a town renowned for its Maori culture and geothermal activity. Watch a Maori cultural performance, learn about Maori arts and crafts, and go on a farm tour at Rotorua’s Agrodome. Stay overnight in Rotorua and get plenty of rest before heading out for day two of the tour.
After breakfast at your hotel, enjoy free time for exploring at your leisure. Take the opportunity to check out the region's bubbling mud pools and catch a glimpse of the 30-meter high geyser that spouts regularly. In the early afternoon, meet at the Hobbiton shop to catch a one-hour transfer to the Hobbiton Movie Set where parts of the Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit series were filmed. On arrival at Shire’s Rest, embark on an official two-hour guided tour around the largest “green set” in the world. Take photos in front of hobbit holes, The Mill, and the party tree. Visit the Green Dragon Inn for a complimentary drink to conclude your experience.
After the tour, get dropped off in Matamata and rejoin your coach for the return journey to Auckland. Enjoy an evening snack en-route before arriving in Auckland around 8:10 pm.
- Hotel pickup and drop off (by request)
- Transport by comfortable coach
- Live tour commentary in English
- One night of accommodation in Rotorua
- Morning snack and picnic lunch on first day
- Buffet breakfast and evening snack on second day
- All entrance fees
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves guided tour
- Te Puia Maori Village guided tour and cultural performance
- Agrodome guided farm tour
- Hobbiton Movie Set guided tour
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and personal gifts