Hobbiton Movie Set Tour & Festive Feast Lunch from Auckland
Pick-up serviceHotel pick-up and drop-off available from central Auckland accommodation. The local operator will confirm your pick-up location and time, which will be earlier than the tour start time.
- Visit the Hobbiton Movie Set on a small group tour from Auckland
- Enjoy a glass of ale or cider at the Green Dragon Inn
- See the home of Bilbo Baggins at Bag End
- Savor a sumptuous buffet lunch in the marquee behind the Green Dragon
Be picked up from your Auckland accommodation at 7 am and travel down through the Waikato region. Your guide will share insights with you about the surrounding areas as well as the movie trilogies 'The Lord of the Rings' and 'The Hobbit'. On arrival at Shire’s Rest, your Hobbiton guide will greet you and take you on a magical journey to Middle Earth. Be immersed in the sights, smells, sounds and tastes of The Shire, at the home of the Hobbits!
Sample an exclusive specially brewed beverage at the Green Dragon Inn to conclude your adventure. Then enjoy a sumptuous buffet lunch fit for a Hobbit, served up in the marquee beside the Green Dragon Inn. In addition, you'll have a $10 souvenir voucher to spend at the Hobbiton gift shop. Afterwards, depart for Auckland to be dropped back to your accommodation at approximately 3:15 pm.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Dedicated guide who will provide full commentary
- Hobbiton Movie Set guided tour
- Complimentary beverage at the Green Dragon Inn
- Marquee Festive Feast lunch at Hobbiton
- Complimentary $10 Hobbiton Gift Shop souvenir voucher
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
• This is small-group tour with a dedicated guide and a maximum of 10 guests
• Your guide will drive you down to Hobbiton Movie Set in Matamata and pick you up after lunch
• The complimentary beverage can be alcoholic (ale or cider) or non-alcoholic (ginger beer)
• Please advise of any dietary requirements on booking