Auckland Museum Entry, Cultural Performance & Guided Tour
- Discover the Auckland War Museum with a local guide to hear stories of the people, unique native species, and conflicts that have shaped New Zealand
- Enjoy an engaging 30-minute Maori cultural performance that includes a war dance
- Explore the museum at your leisure to discover cultural exhibits including Maori carvings, buildings, and canoes
Experience a vibrant glimpse of Maori culture in an engaging 30-minute performance that takes you on a journey through the story of Aotearoa New Zealand and Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland. The Museum's performance is recognised as being one of the best in New Zealand and culminates with a spine-tingling version of the world-famous haka. Meet and take photos with members of the group after the show.
Enjoy a 1-hour guided highlights tour of the Museum with a local guide. Listen as they share stories of the people of Aotearoa, the unique native species, and the conflicts that have shaped the nation. After your tour, you are free to explore the Museum at your leisure with the included all-day general admission ticket. Housed in a heritage building, the Museum's three floors portrays the rich diversity of New Zealand in an informative and spectacular way. You can also admire stunning views across the city, Waitemata Harbour, Hauraki Gulf and its islands from the museum.
- Museum entry ticket
- 30-minute Maori Cultural Performance
- 1-hour Guided Highlights Tour
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
- Luggage or large bags
• The museum is closed on Christmas
• The cultural performance is not available on Anzac Day (25 April)
• Wheelchairs are available if needed but cannot be booked or reserved ahead of time
• The museum is a 30-minute walk or a 5-minute drive from the city and is easily accessible by public transport