Athens: Highlights and Acropolis Guided Walking Tour
- Skip the lines and avoid the crowds with your group tickets
- Explore the magic of Athens with a knowledgeable guide
- See Syntagma Square, with a history extending back to ancient times
- Marvel at the Acropolis, towering high above the city
Your 3-hour walking tour begins at the Syntagma metro station. The guide will show you the archeological sites around this historic square before continuing on to Parliament House and the Monument to the Unknown Soldier. You’ll even get to see the pageantry of the changing of the guards!
Visit the National Garden of Athens, and see the neo-classical Zappeion Hall. In front of the Hall are the towering columns that once belonged to the Temple of Zeus and Hadrian's Arch. This 6th-century B.C. temple was dedicated to the kings of the gods, but wasn't completed until nearly 600 years later.
From here you’ll enter the hip and cool Plaka district. Walk past the the portrait of Melina Merkouri, one of Greece’s most famous film actresses and politicians. Continue walking along the winding pedestrianized streets, passing bustling cafés.
You’ll soon begin the ascent to the Acropolis, taking in stunning views of the city below. Your knowledgeable guide will tell you about the monuments at the base of the Acropolis, including the famous Parthenon, Erechteion Propylaia, Nike Temple, the Dionysus Sanctuary, and Philopappos Hill.
- Local licensed guide
- Skip-the-line service
- Athens guide magazine
- Athens map
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and beverages
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Meet inside the Syntagma metro station, next to the ticket validating machines, beneath the hanging clock. Please make sure that you arrive 15 minutes prior to given departure time. The guide will be holding an orange Athens Walking Tours sign.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Student card
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
• Entrance fees are not included. The Acropolis and Temple of Zeus Tickets cost €26 for adults and €13 for students. Children under 18 enter for free
• A minimum number of participants is required. There is a possibility of cancelation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, an alternative or full refund will be offered
• The tour duration is 3 hours and 10 minutes, which includes around 45 minutes of walking. The distance covered is around 1.5 miles, with many stops in shady corners
• The walking pace is moderate and suitable for everyone
• The tour is conducted in English
• There are restrooms along the route