Mycenae Epidaurus and Nafplio Small Group Tour from Athens
Pickup includedPickup from centrally-located hotels and apartments in Athens.
- Drive through the Corinth Canal
- Explore the remains of ancient Mycenae
- Visit the ancient theater of Epidavrus, a unique UNESCO’S world heritage highlight and one of the best preserved classical Greek theaters
- Partake in a small group tour of 10 people maximum
Leavie behind Corinth canal and after a 1 hour drive you will enter the region of Argolis, land of Homer’s Golden Mycenae, a Unesco World Heritage site, and go uphill to visit the archaeological site, home of the mythical king Agamemnon. Enjoy a walking tour and hear all myths and history as you pass from the Cyclopean Walls, the Lion’s Gate, the Royal Tombs of Agamemnon and his wife Clytemnestra and the Treasury of Atreus.
The next stop is picturesque Nafplion, the first capital of modern Greece, with its Venetian Palamidi fortress and the fortified islet of Bourtzi located in the middle of the harbor. There, you will have a fun break and have an optional lunch in a traditional restaurant with Greek cuisine. Enjoy some free time and walk in the narrow streets of this beautifull town with classical buildings dating back to the 16th -17th century.
Continue on to Epidaurus and visit the breathtalking ancient theatre. Have a unique opportunity to hear all about the history of the 4th century UNESCO world heritage highlight and one of the best preserved classical Greek theaters still used today due to its amazing acoustics.
Leaving back the Peloponnese you will take the road back to Athens. This tour will end late in the afternoon with a drop off at your hotel or apartment.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance tickets to Mycenae and the ancient theater of Epidaurus
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)