This activity has GetYourGuide's stamp of approval! Exceptional customer service, knowledgeable staff, and a great time guaranteed.
Take a short welcome walk from Monastiraki square, through the Plaka district, to the Acropolis of Athens! Get orientation and tips from a local and skip the ticket lines with your pre-booked admission ticket to the most iconic attraction of Athens!
About this activity
Duration 30 minutes
Skip the line
Printed or mobile voucher accepted
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Select date and participants:
Save time with a pre-booked entry ticket to the Acropolis, as you don't need to wait at the ticket line
Meet your local, English-speaking host at the Monastiraki Square
Walk with your local host through the Plaka district, to the less crowded entrance of the Acropolis
Get orientation support and useful tips about the city of Athens
Enter the Acropolis on your own and marvel at the remains of temples and monuments from ancient Greece
Journey back to the days of Ancient Greece and discover the historic Acropolis in Athens. Get a welcome from an English-speaking local at Monastiraki Metro Station, and then walk through Plaka and the old town. Get some general information about the city and take souvenir photos in the most picturesque neighborhoods. Then, receive your entry ticket for the Acropolis and a bottle of water to keep you hydrated as your local host escorts you to the nearest and less crowded entrance.
Then, explore the ancient citadel at your own pace and discover the ancient buildings of great architectural and historic significance, including the iconic Parthenon at the top of the hill, from where the views of the city are simply stunning.
Go to the Propylaia, from where entrance to the Acropolis was controlled. See the ruins of the Erechtheion, dedicated to the gods Athena and Poseidon. Admire the imposing remains of the earliest fully Ionic temple on the Acropolis at the Temple of Athena Nike and more.
Entrance ticket to the Acropolis of Athens and the Theater of Dionysus
Welcome walk with information and orientation by an English-speaking local
A bottle of water
A printed city map
What’s Not Included
Guided tour of the Acropolis or any monument (available for an additional fee)
Tips and gratuities (optional)
When you get there
Monastiraki Square, in front of the church next to Monastiraki Metro Station. your guide will be holding a red GetYourGuide card.
• The booking voucher can be used only at the meeting point of the walk, in exchange for the actual Acropolis tickets
• If you book a reduced price ticket, you must bring your ID/ passport otherwise you will not be permitted to enter the Acropolis
• Your entrance ticket will let you skip the ticket line
• This is not a guided tour of the Acropolis or any other monument
• The local host will not enter any archaeological site that requires a licensed tour guide but will accompany you all the way to the entrance of the Acropolis
• The duration of the walk is approximately 25 minutes
• Please bring sunscreen and a hat during summer, and wear shoes suitable for walking uphill