Athens: Old Town Walking Tour with a Historian
- Experience the glorious past of the Ancient Greeks
- Visit the most important landmarks of the city in four hours
- Visit the Herakleidon Museum
- Walk through the most picturesque districts of the city
- Admire the breathtaking view at the top of Areus Pagus Hill
Marvel at the Parthenon, a masterpiece of the Greek classical architecture, and climb up the Areus Pagus Hill, where murder cases used to be tried. Then, visit the Herakleidon Museum, where you’ll have the chance to admire the technological achievements of the Ancient Greeks.
Combine your experience with a coffee break, while taking in the amazing view of the Acropolis and head to Pnyka in order to take part in the Athenian assembly. Step into Socrates’ prison and learn about the last days and moments of the famous philosopher’s life. Finally, enjoy an optional lunch in the nearby traditional district of Thissio, where you’ll have the chance to taste the “oinomelo,” a hot or cold combination of wine and honey that the Ancient Greeks used to drink.
- 4-hour guided tour with an experienced archaeologist-historian
- Personal expenses, such as coffee, lunch, etc.
- 4 entrance fee to the Herakleidon Museum
Prepare for the activity
Acropolis Metro station Your archaeologist-historian guide will be waiting inside the Acropolis metro station with an Ammon Express sign. They will wait after the ticket validation area, but before the exit.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• It is recommended to have an umbrella, sunglasses, and sunscreen
• Wear the appropriate clothing according to the weather forecast
• Comfortable shoes are recommended for your convenience during the tour