Athens: Full Day Trip to Nafplio and Ancient Epidaurus
- Visit the coastal city of Nafplio, the first capital of Greece
- Enjoy a visit to the small island of Bourtzi Castle (optional)
- Taste the unique gastronomy of Greece
- Explore the impressive Castle of Palamidi on the peak of a hill with stunning views
- Retrace history at the ancient theatre of Epidaurus known worldwide for its perfectly balanced acoustics
There is plenty of time to climb the 999 steps of the Castle of Palamidi (or let the bus drive you to it) and admire the wide view of the region along with the endless beauty of the Argolic Gulf from the top of the hill. Naflpio used to be the capital of Greece before Athens and its architecture has venetian, byzantine, ottoman and modern greek influences. Admire the main attractions like Bourtzi Castle and Acronauplia as well as the various picturesque squares in the city center. Observe the colorful venetian houses that attract your eyes with the bougainvilleas hanging flashily from the balconies. You have the chance to enrich your trip by visiting the Komboloi Museum and the distillery of Tsipouro, Ouzo or Mastiha known as “ouzo experience” in the most traditional district of the city. Enjoy a greek lunch break in a cozy tavern and be one with the locals.
Later on, travel into history by visiting the ancient theater of Epidaurus. In the antiquity, Epidaurus was a sanatorium, connected intensively with the Asclepeion healing temples. Asclepeion was the 5* hotel of the ancient times and is considered as the origin of the medical science. Nowadays, Epidaurus is most known as the theater with the greatest acoustic of all times and still hosts the Festival of Epidaurus every summer.
Feel the aura of the ancient tragedians who through their interpretations led the audience to “catharsis”, the purification and purgation of emotions.
- Round-trip transportation from Athens
- Transfer in a new, luxurious air-conditioned bus
- English-speaking escort (archaeologist)
- Free WiFi on the bus
- Basic travel insurance
- Options for visits to sites and museums
- Guided tour inside the sites
- Entrance fee to Ancient Epidaurus (12€)
- Entrance fee to Palamidi (8€, optional)
- Boat ride to Bourtzi Castle (4,50€) round trip (optional)
- Entrance fee to Komboloi Museum (2€) (optional)
- Entrance to Tsipouro Distillery (7€, 45΄ tour) (optional)
- Cost of lunch at the restaurant
- Personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
At 8:30 AM, outside the Halandri Metro Station (Blue Line), 20 min ride from Athens Syntagma. Follow the Exit Doukissis Plakentias Street, to Vrilissia and meet your trip attendant outside the stationOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Wear comfortable shoes to walk and please bring money for the entrance fees to the sites you will choose to visit
You might also like...
Product ID: 212907