Athens Original Street Art Tour
- See Athens street art with a real street artist guide
- Decipher the secret messages behind the art and learn about Athens through its graffiti
- Visit 3 of the most hip neighborhoods and experience the city in an unconventional way
- Learn all about the artists (WD, iNO, Moralez and more) from your expert guide
- See how Athens’ economic and social crisis is portrayed by street artists
Street art emerged in the Greek capital around 1998. The art form really took off, developing its distinctive style over the past 10 years, particularly as the country’s economic crisis unfolded.
This 3-hour guided tour offers an alternative way to experience Athens and take a look at what’s happening at its core.
A vested interest in art isn’t required to enjoy this activity. All you need is curiosity and receptiveness to the fantasy, colors, and meanings of the works you encounter, as you look at Athens in a fresh and unconventional way.
- Wireless Tour Guide Systems will be provided. Receivers are thoroughly sanitized between use and all earpieces are single-use.
- English-speaking guide
- Map of neighborhoods visited (with the locations of main street art creations indicated)
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
Meet at Thissio Train Station. The station is on a pedestrian street, at the end of Adrianou Street. You can get there easily either by train (green line) or you can get off at Monastiraki Metro Station (blue line) and walk down Adrianou Street. At Thissio Station you will find an orange booth marked “ΚΤΕΛ ATTIΚΗΣ” (KTEL ATTIKIS). Your guide will wait for you in front of the organge booth.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes