Grand Canyon Railroad Tour From Sedona, AZ
Pick-up serviceWe will pick up at any Sedona hotel. Please call at least 24 hours prior to your tour for exact pick-up time.
- Discover the stunning natural beauty of the Grand Canyon
- Ride the historic Grand Canyon Railway
- Explore Grand Canyon National Park
- Enjoy a complimentary picnic lunch
Beginning in Sedona with its iconic red rocks, take one of the top 10 scenic drives in America to Flagstaff, known for its towering Ponderosa Pines. After meeting Flagstaff guests, head to the train depot in Williams where you will board the historical Grand Canyon Railway. Cowboys and musicians will entertain you as the train travels back in time along the scenic journey to the canyon. The train offers wonderful views of the San Francisco Peaks and rolls through valleys filled in wild flowers, dense pine forests, high desert plains and small canyons. The train arrives just steps from the Grand Canyon's South Rim.
Your guide will pick you up at the train depot in Grand Canyon Village. Spend approximately 4-hours in the Grand Canyon National Park. The tour makes its way along the rim of the Grand Canyon, stopping at Grandview Point. This transitional point between the East and South Rims of the Grand Canyon offers both the open views of the Colorado River Gorge afforded at the East Rim, as well as the butte-filled views for which the South Rim is famous. Later, climb up to the top of the Watchtower Observatory for magnificent panoramic views of the Grand Canyon.
Then see what all the other people that ride the Grand Canyon Railway both ways miss: on your way back to your hotel you will tour the East Rim of Grand Canyon National Park, see many scenic overlooks, the Desert View Watchtower and the historic Cameron trading Post on the Navajo Reservation.
Next is a stop at the Historic Cameron Trading Post, originally built in 1916 and one of the finest places to shop for authentic Native American souvenirs. You may also visit The Gallery, home of many breathtaking pieces of fine and historic Native American Arts and Crafts.
Throughout your journey, enjoy interesting, informative and entertaining narration from your guide. View the western edge of the Painted Desert and drive along the Little Colorado River Gorge on your way back to Flagstaff and Sedona.
Lunchbox provided, includes: Turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomato & cheese, on marble rye bread, condiments on the side, chips, pretzel/hummus side, and cookie.
- National park entrance fees
- One-Way coach class train ticket Grand Canyon Village Depot
- Professionally guided tour, in touring van, of the south and east rim of the Grand Canyon
- Lunchbox: Turkey sandwich with lettuce, tomato & cheese, on marble rye bread, condiments on the side, chips, pretzel/hummus side, and cookie
- Hotel pick-up
Prepare for the activity
• Physical Activity Level: mild. Optional light hiking in order to see the views.
• What to Wear: comfortable traveling clothes and tennis or hiking shoes recommended. Make sure to bring a camera plus any other personal items you may need for the day.