Antigua: Cielo Grande Half-Day Expert Bike Ride
- Cycle the old growth cloud forest trails of Cielo Grande
- Challenge yourself to a rollercoaster of steep climbs and thrilling descents
- Visit indigenous towns tucked in the high mountainside of the Panchoy Valley
- Cool off in hidden waterfalls
After you have picked up your quality Kona mountain bike in Antigua town, you will start with a 4-mile climb out of the Panchoy Valley. The ride combines technical climbs with mouth-watering cross-country single-tracks high above the valley floor.
It’s a big climb of some 2,323 feet (725 meters) to the top of the mountain, but the views of the surrounding valley from an altitude of 7,438 feet (2,324 meters) are your reward. Cycle the old growth forest trail, retracing ancient footpaths high on the ridges above Antigua. The seemingly endless single track back downhill promises to sneak into your top favorite rides!
Pass indigenous towns high in the mountains, and cool off by beautiful waterfalls as you ascend and descend the roller-coaster ride. This is not for the faint-hearted.
- Kona mountain bike with shimano components
- Bike helmet and gloves
- 1 liter bike-mounted water bottle (yours to keep)
- Entrance fees to visited areas and facilities
Prepare for the activity
Meet your cycling group at the Old Town Outfitters shop, 1 block south of Central Park, on the corner of 5th Avenue and 6th Street (5A Avenida Sur No.12, Antigua, Guatemala). The shop is open from 08:00-18:00 daily. Cycling gear and clothing is available to purchase, along with snacks for your rideOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Sun hat
- Luggage or large bags