From Amsterdam: Volendam and Zaanse Schans Small-Group Tour
- Tour a working windmill in the open air museum of Zaanse Schans
- Go to the Volendam Museum to see traditional folk costumes and more
- Taste the typical cheeses of Holland at a cheese factory
- Admire the picturesque windmills of Zaanse Schans
Transfer to the open-air museum of Zaanse Schans, famous for its historic warehouses and working windmills. Take a tour through one of the windmills as a miller explains the story and workings of Holland’s icon of industrial architecture.
Continue to the vibrant village of Volendam, once a thriving center of trade and fishing. Experience the atmosphere of Volendam’s town center at the Dijk. Visit the Volendam Museum to learn about the town’s clothing, music and folk traditions. Sample some authentic Dutch cheeses at a cheese factory.
Then, explore the Dijk on you own. Find a fish restaurant to taste the typical cuisines and snacks of Holland at your own expense or take the work out and add a fish tasting lunch in the lively fishing harbor of Volendam to your tour.
Transfer back to Amsterdam, following a scenic route through the countryside before the drop-off at Central Station, and the end of tour services.
- Multilingual guide
- Tour of a working windmill
- Entrance to Volendam Museum
- Cheese demonstration and tasting at Volendam Cheese Factory
- Fish tasting lunch in Volendam, if option is selected
- A boat trip at the Zaanse Schans
Prepare for the activity
De Ruijterkade 34A, at the local partner's office in the IJ hall of Central Station. In the back corner of the building, on the right hand side. Please be sure to arrive 30 minutes before the tour departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This is a small group activity, with no more than 25 participants per tour
• Children aged 3 years or younger go free of charge (provided they do not occupy their own seat)