Amsterdam City Private Orientation Walking Tour
- Avoid the hassle of organized group tours with a private guide in Amsterdam
- Find your bearings in the historic center and Canal Belt
- Get useful tips and an insider's perspective on how to spend your time in Amsterdam
- See the Royal Palace and Nieuwe Kirk on Dam Square
- Discover some of the leaning merchant houses of Amsterdam
- Explore hidden courtyards and squares
Meet your guide by the statue of the bull on Beursplein and learn how the city evolved from the Amstel River in the 12th century. Get a local’s perspective with a private guide and discover some little-known secrets of the city, including tree-lined squares and private courtyards. Get priceless tips on how to make the most of your time in Amsterdam.
Along the way, marvel at the monuments of Dam Square, including the Royal Palace and Nieuwe Kirk. Continue to the Westerkerk in the Jordaan district on the banks of the Prinsengracht canal. Discover a street full of artists’ squats and see some of the leaning houses of Amsterdam.
Go to one of the oldest inner courts of the city at the Begijnof, stroll by the side of some of the oldest canals, venture into China Town, visit Nieuwmarkt (New Market) square and much more.
- Private guide
- Food and drinks
- Gratuity (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide outside of the entrance of St Nicholas Church on the opposite side of the Central Station. The groups consist of maximum 8 guests, so don’t look for a large group. In case you have trouble finding the meeting point please contact your guide. Address: Prins Hendrikkade 73, 1012 AD Amsterdam.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Luggage or large bags
• This tour is offered as either a private tour or semi-private tour (maximum 8 guests)
• For semi-private tours a minimum of 2 guests is required for it to run (an alternative date or full refund will be offered if minimum numbers are not met)