Amsterdam: City, Marken, & Volendam Tour with Canal Cruise
- Experience Amsterdam and the Dutch countryside on a combination city and country tour
- Enjoy a 1-hour Amsterdam Canal cruise at any time during your stay
- See diamonds traditionally polished at a diamond factory
- Taste cheese at the Cheese Factory Volendam
- Visit a clogmaker on the former island of Marken
- See the picturesque windmills of Zaanse Schans
Continue to the Albert Cuyp Market, and see beautiful houses along the canals. Finally, you will go to a windmill on the Amstel River, before visiting a diamond factory, where you will see how diamonds are traditionally polished.
Now, head for the countryside of Holland. View famous windmills, fishing villages and traditional Dutch costumes.
On this part of the tour you will visit a wooden shoemaker, where you will get a demonstration of how a wooden block is changed into a wooden shoe in a matter of minutes. Now walk through the quaint island community of Marken, to the harbor. On the way you can spot traditional Dutch costumes, instantly recognizable from tourist postcards and posters.
Your group will also get to visit the Cheese Factory Volendam, where the friendly staff will tell you everything about cheese. Of course, you'll also get to enjoy some yummy tasters! After the Cheese Factory, enjoy some free time for strolling around, or have lunch in one of the many fish restaurants.
Besides Volendam, the windmills of the Zaanse Schans are a highlight of the tour. In this historical village, windmills are beautifully restored and completely functional. The historical wooden warehouses complete the picture. At the end, your guide will bring you back to the Central Station of Amsterdam.
The tour also includes a 1-hour canal cruise ticket to use in Amsterdam at any time during your stay.
- Transportation by air-conditioned bus
- GPS guided tour
- Entrance fees
- Volendam to Marken cruise (Summer only)
- Visit to a working windmill
- 1-Hour Amsterdam canal cruise
Prepare for the activity
De Ruijterkade 34A, at the local partner's office in the IJ hall of Central Station. In the back corner of the building, on the right hand side. Please be sure to arrive 30 minutes before the tour departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Boat trip between Volendam and Marken all year long (winter + summer)
• Children aged 3 years or younger go free of charge (provided they do not occupy their own seat)
• The 1-hour Amsterdam Canal cruise can be done anytime during your stay