Keukenhof, Zaanse Schans & A'dam Lookout Combo Day Tour
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Keukenhof Gardens
- Visit a clogmaker and a cheese farm
- See the windmills of Zaanse Schans
- See an unrivalled panoramic view of Amsterdam from the A'dam Lookout
Travel in comfort on board a single-decker coach from Amsterdam through the Dutch countryside. Admire blooming fields awash with colorful crocuses, tulips and daffodils, as your guide tells you about the history of the region.
When you arrive at Keukenhof Gardens, head off on a guided tour of the grounds. Covering an area of more than 79 acres (32 hectares), the magnificent gardens are home to innumerable blooming bulbs, all meticulously landscaped into aesthetically pleasing patterns. The gardens are filled with delicate blossoms of all sorts of colors and textures, which emanate a gently perfumed fragrance.
As you explore the blaze of flower beds, fields, and lawns dotted with ponds and water features, your guide will tell you about the hard work that goes in to creating this elegant floral display. Afterwards head back to the bus for the return journey to Amsterdam.
Next, enjoy a 20-minute drive to Zaanse Schans in a comfortable, air-conditioned single-deck bus. The Zaanse Schans windmill village is an open air museum that houses a collection of working windmills, wooden houses, barns and shops dating back to the 18th and 19th centuries. These buildings were relocated to this site beginning in 1961, bringing back to life this prosperous period of the Zaan region.
In its golden age, the Zaan region developed into an industrial area on a scale never seen before, boasting 600 active windmills and wind-powered factories. In these small factories, many tasks were carried out with the aid of wind power, including the sawing of wood and the grinding of spices, flour, cocoa powder and more.
The prosperity of the 18th and 19th centuries can be seen in the beautiful houses that were originally built as homes for the rich windmill owners and merchants. See attractive facades painted in traditional colors such as green, beige and light blue.
When you arrive in the village, your guide will take you on an orientation tour. Visit the clog museum and the wooden shoemaker shop, and get to taste Dutch farmer cheese at the cheese farm.
Then you’ll have time to explore the village on your own. Before you set off, your guide will give you further information on the unique character of Zhanse Schans and local history and culture and give you insider tips about what to see and do.
Back in Amsterdam you'll go to the A'dam Lookout tower where the tour will end and you will get your free premium entrance ticket. The A’DAM lookout is an observation deck with an unrivaled panoramic view of Amsterdam.
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Live commentary en route
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Pick-up and drop off at designated meeting points
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
When you get there
Heineken Experience bus stop, Stadhouderskade 78. (Wait on the side of the main entrance of the Heineken Experience, not on the water side) at 8:15 AM - Last pick up point: A’DAM tower/Lookout, overhoeksplein 5, opposite central station. Catch the 5 minute free ferry (buiksloterweg) behind the station to get here. ( Check-in desk inside the entrance of the A’DAM Lookout) 09:00 AMOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Tulips and other bulb flowers are natural products and even though the Keukenhof has advanced growing methods, the course of nature depends mainly on the weather. Therefore it cannot be guaranteed how many flowers and flower fields can be visited and seen during your tour
• Please note: the return location of this tour is the A'DAM Lookout, opposite central station. No drop-offs at the Heineken Experience are available
• Tour may be operated by multilingual guide
• Infants must sit on laps