From Amsterdam: UNESCO World Heritage VIP Tour
- Discover the famous Beemster Polder, an exceptional example of reclaimed land
- Explore the Enclosing Dyke, the most important dyke in the country
- Marvel at the centuries-old Wouda Steam Pumping Station on your exclusive tour
- Wander through the streets and alleys of Woudsend
- Visit an authentic windmill and let the miller tell you all about his job and how he runs his company
- Explore the historic former island of Schokland
- Enjoy a VIP tour with a maximum of 8 guests
Start the day by visiting the world-famous Beemster Polder and the Defense Line of Amsterdam. Discover how the Dutch were masters over the water as early as the 16th century by reclaiming land and using water in battles against enemy attacks.
Next, visit the world-famous Afsluitsdijk (Enclosing Dyke). Wander around on this amazing dyke while you enjoy a wonderful view of Ijssel lake. Cross the dyke to the next UNESCO site on the list: Wadden Sea. Visit a small museum and enjoy a cup of Dutch hot chocolate as you learn about the building and opening of the dyke.
Then, head to picturesque Woudsend, a small and charming village in Friesland for a tour guided by a local. Visit an antiquity room dating back to the early 1700s, giving you a sneak peek inside a hidden church and a traditional working windmill. Enjoy a delicious Dutch farmer’s restaurant inside a special restaurant.
Next, visit the impressive Ir. D.F. Wouda Steam Pumping Station, where you’ll enjoy the grand tour by one of the operators. The last stop of the day will be the “island” of Shockland, where you’ll stand on former seabed and learn about this unique area.
By the end of the day you’ll be back in Amsterdam after a full day exploring this great little country.
- Transportation by luxurious air-conditioned minivan
- Experienced driver and guide
- Traditional Dutch farmer's lunch with coffee, tea, milk and water
- Typical Dutch treats
- All entry fees
- Local guides giving exclusive tours at several locations
- Exclusive map of the Amsterdam Lake District
- Meet and greet with locals
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Prepare for the activity
You will meet your guide inside "This is Holland", at Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam. Directions: From the rear side of the Central Station, take the free ferry (direction Buikslotermeer) to the other side of the river. From there it's a 2-minute to the round building called "This is Holland".Open in Google Maps ⟶