From Amsterdam: The Roosevelt's Dutch History Tour
- Marvel at the impressive architecture of the Rotterdam Harbor
- Discover the beautiful centuries-old buildings in Middelburg
- Learn about the amazing shared Dutch-American history
- Visit the village where the Roosevelt family was born
Next, make your way to to the province of Zeeland. Visit the Oosterscheldekering, the largest Delta Works in the Netherlands, and learn about the impressive technology that protects the Dutch from the devastating effects of the sea. Afterwards, head to the city of Middleburg where you will visit the 15th-century town hall. Later, marvel at the stunning gothic abbey where the Four Freedoms Award is presented by The Roosevelt Foundation every two years.
Finally, enjoy a trip to the Dutch island of Tholen where the ancestors of Theodore and Franklin lived and worked as farmers. Enjoy a delicious meal at a restaurant on the island, washed down with a freshly-poured Roosevelt beer, before heading back to Amsterdam in the evening.
- Entrance to Middelburg town hall
- Roosevelt exposition entrance
- Food and drinks